Your killer abs are vanishing, or that mommy pooch and love handles are seeking out of your clothes..ugh, all thanks to your busy and unscheduled lifestyle (or plain laziness) that you miss your gym sessions very often.
Well, due to lack of time, or motivation, your mommy pooch will say hi! And you will buy baggy tops or plus-size pants to hide your belly or for your stomach not to spill over the waistband.
But what if you have a wedding to attend within a week? How will you hide your belly under your favorite saree/lehenga or figure-hugging dress? I tell you, this is the best moment to buck up, motivate yourself, and get started to win the battle of belly bulge once and for all. I am not asking to achieve that hour-glass figure within a short period. In fact, it’s neither a child’s play. But you can prep up to lose your muffin to fit in your favorite dress and also can push yourself to try and achieve those elusive six-pack abs. All you have to do is follow these 7 tips to get a flat belly and make it happen!
- Full body workout- Doing ab or abdominal workout exercises like crunches and leg raises alone aren’t the solution to score a flat stomach. Indulging in full-body exercises like lunges, push-ups, and pull-ups will burn body fat overall. One of the best ways is to utilize core-focused exercises that impact different muscle groups simultaneously. It strengthens your entire body and burns more calories, subsequently more body fat.
- HIIT training – High-intensity interval training is said to be the most effective fat burning fitness techniques. As it places a tremendous energy call on the body and greatly increases the body’s need for oxygen, it incinerates calories.
- Proper sleep cycle – An adequate sleep of 8-7 hours a night plays an integral role in our weight. When we don’t sleep, the body doesn’t release as much fat-burning HGH but more of the belly-fat stress hormone cortisol along with an appetite-enhancing hormone called Ghrelin.
- Eat high-protein & fiber diet – Stop over-eating and processed foods, start having proteins and a high fiber (whole-grain) diet. The food you eat during this period is vital to bring about any change. Protein is the most important nutrient for losing weight. In fact, protein intake by 25% in breakfast reduce late-night snacking and cravings.
- Consume less salt, more water – Salt negatively affects any weight loss routine and sabotages your ability to lose belly fat minimizing water retention. So, lower your sodium intake. Instead, add the flavor of other herbs and spices to your food. Increase your water consumption to flush away body toxins. It is always suggested to drink an adequate amount of water. As it not only keeps your body hydrated but also gives you glowing skin with a slimmer waistline.
- Stop intake of alcohol – When you’re trying to lose weight and tone up, alcohol is a bad idea. Alcohol releases estrogen into the bloodstream, and excess estrogen makes you more prone to hold onto weight. It can also make your stomach feel bloated.
- Avoid taking stress – Stress & anxiety cause the over-production of a hormone called cortisol. It contributes to weight gain in multiple ways. So try to say bye-bye to stress & keep your cool!
Lakshika Thakur is a freelance content writer with femsay.com. She can be found on Instagram.