With the modern lifestyle come numerous medical concerns. And we all are aware of the most common issues that most of us live with that affect our daily functionality. The principal concern includes stress, anxiety, depression, insecurities, emotional outbursts, physical traumas, and other similar traumas. But what we might not be much aware of also, maybe because we do not discuss it so often that women are more vulnerable to these traumas and issues. Studies suggest that though men report similar average stress levels, women are more likely to outline that their stress levels are escalating.
Women have a completely different hormonal system, which, as a result, causes them to react more emotionally and exhaust more on an emotional level. Furthermore, they are exposed to more stress factors as they have to assume many roles daily.While comparing women with each other, there also appear differences in the ways that married and single women experience stress or traumatic events.
Now, know the ways how to tackle your stress levels. The first step involves recognizing that stress exists and it’s a disorder that must be treated. It is also imperative to understand thatstress can turn into an addiction to you, and it is definitely not a normal way of living. From there on, the next step would be to change habits and relax the mind and body, and if required, it is always better to refer to a doctor to manage it. Believe that medication can’t be the only key to reduce and terminate your stress and related concerns. Adding meditation to your medication is going to yield your best. You can do this by practicing breathing exercises, meditation, creativity, and working on the internal behavior patterns to improve them.
For now, let’s focus on the meditation part that leads to a healthy and stable life. The best part about it is anyone can practice meditation. It’s simple, inexpensive, and neither requires any special equipment. Meditation can give you a sense of calm, peace, and benefit both your emotional well-being and your overall health. And these benefits don’t end when your meditation session ends. You react calmly through your day as meditation helps you manage symptoms of certain medical conditions. The changes in you are felt by not only you but others around you when you seem relaxed, happy and positive.
So, here are a few tips to help you as a beginner:
- Book your own meditation time like early morning just as you wake up or when no one’s around.
- Include fresh fruits, vegetables, juices, and other natural products in your diet. Besides keeping weight in control, such a diet increases the desire to meditate. Spend some quality time alone in a nice quiet place, in nature if possible, visit a park or garden.
- Meditating together increases the effect of meditation and socializing.
- Feeling low and down sometimes, and the day doesn’t seem to be going well? Meditate, and spend time just with yourself.
- Try some chanting or yoga when you might find yourself dozing off or feeling restless at times when you sit to meditate.
So, for what are you waiting? Get started, ladies!
Lakshika Thakur is a freelance content writer with femsay.com. She can be found on Instagram.