Selena Gomez revealed her decision to pursue a career in makeup in February 2020. However, the pandemic moved the line’s summer 2020 release date back a bit, but Gomez revealed the final release date on August 4, 2020: September 3, 2020.
As much as it is about self-expression, the brand is about embracing inner beauty. Selena said in the teaser for the brand’s release, that “being rare is about being comfortable with yourself.” “I’ve given up on attempting to be perfect. I simply want to be myself. Rare Beauty, in my opinion, has the potential to be more than a cosmetics company. I want us to avoid comparing ourselves to one another and instead embrace our individuality. A photo, a like, or a comment don’t define you. It’s not about how other people see you when it comes to rare beauty. It all comes down to how you see yourself.”
Rare Beauty’s initial product lineup includes a touch-up kit with refillable powder and blotting papers, a matte liquid eyeliner, eight shades of tinted lip balm, 12 shades of matte lip color, eight liquid highlighters, eight liquid blush shades, eight shades of a dual-ended brow pencil and gel, three tools, an illuminating primer, a multi-tasking face mist, and 48 shades of Foundation and concealer.
The shade range is truly impressive, Liquid Touch Weightless Foundation comes in 48 colors, making it one of the broadest shade ranges on the market (even topping the Fenty 40). This is a liquid base in its purest form. The quality is similar to that of a serum (or even a face oil), but it miraculously retains pigment. While the brand initially launched with a foundation brush, this foundation can be applied with only your fingertips. This product, like most Rare Beauty products, can be customized in terms of coverage. For a BB cream-like effect, dab on a few dots, or build up your coverage. For a more matte finish, apply the formula as is, or mist before and after application if you prefer a dewy look.
The website even offers Shade finder to help you find your perfect shade of foundation and concealer which in our opinion, is just excellent.
The top 5 bestselling products of Rare Beauty are:
- Blot & Glow Touch-Up Kit: With these refillable, mess-free, stress-free basics, you’ll cut shine, not glow. Smooth, absorbent blotting sheets (100 count) gently remove excess oil while holding makeup in place. A radiant, talc-free powder is included in this universal pre-filled powder puff. Apply a dab for extra shine control and a light blurring effect that never looks flat and never flashes back.
- Brow Harmony Pencil & Gel: A triangular tip on this soft, buildable brow pencil helps you achieve any brow look you like, from natural and defined to bold and complete. The lightweight brow gel formula glides on smoothly and has a flexible grip. Natural-looking shades allow you to adjust the intensity to your liking.
- Perfect Strokes Matte Liquid Liner: Rich matte-black color in one perfect stroke—no skipping or snagging, even over eyeshadow! The good, flexible brush tip with over 1,000 soft vegan bristles allows for simple, precise lines. Made specifically to ensure a smooth, fluid ink flow from all angles. The waterproof, long-lasting formula won’t fade, feather, or flake on you, giving you the just-applied look all day.
- Lip Soufflé Matte Lip Cream: Full-on color with a featherweight feel thanks to a light, whipped cream formula that glides on easily. Lips appear fuller, cleaner, and plumper with this velvety matte finish with a soft blurring effect. It hydrates, softens, and holds its shape. Lips stay hydrated and comfortable all day—no caking or drying here. It’s simple to apply thanks to the precise applicator tip.
- Positive Light Liquid Luminizer: The weightless liquid formula blends uniformly for a natural-looking wash of light on all skin tones. In seconds, your glow will go from soft sheen to pure pop thanks to superfine, light-catching pearls. It doesn’t fade, crease, or settle into fine lines during the day. Layers well over makeup—liquids, powders, and creams—without interfering with what’s already on the skin.
Where can you find Rare Beauty products in India?
Unfortunately, Rare beauty products are not available in India as of now. You can either get them by asking your relatives or friends overseas to purchase and ship them or you can reach out to Instagram pages like https://www.instagram.com/cosmecosmeticclub/ to purchase them, however this option will be costlier.
Kritika is a freelance content writer with Femsay.com